photo zex.png

The Latest

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tusq Bridge Pins by Graphtech Guitar Labs ... (Review)

Reviewed By: Jac Harrison
Purchased from: Anthill Music
Street Price: $20.00 USD

About: 
Tusq Bridge Pins
Tusq by Graphtech Guitar Labs is a synthetic alternative to animal bone used on stringed instruments at the points where the strings touch the instrument. 


Installation
Replacing the nut or saddle on a stringed instrument can get tricky, so if you don't know how to setup a guitar have your local luthier do it for you. The pins can be replaced by anyone that knows how to change their strings. If you do not know how to change your strings please stop reading this and give your guitar to a friend.


Sound: 
I have used Tusq products on over 50 guitars always with the same results. Before I knew about this product I had tried many different types of materials from bone, horn, wood and brass, hell I would have used fossilized woolly mammoth penis if it would have given me a better tone. The only natural material I liked was bone. Dealing with a natural material is not always easy. I found inconsistencies in the quality of the bone that killed my tone. With the Tusq products I always get the same result, a very full rich sound with bell like quality's, it projects louder with more sustain than any other material I have used.  One of my favorite passed times is bringing life back into a forgotten guitar. I'll buy a $50 clunker and fix her up using Tusq products and my Stew Mac catalog. 



Impression:
I use this product on every guitar and bass I own. It's better then good.


My advice:
If you are happy with your guitar but want to make her sing clearer, louder, and hold those notes just a little longer; try these pins next time you change your stings.

Contact
Graph Tech Guitar Labs 

#5-7551 Vantage Way
Delta, B.C. Canada
V4G 1C9
1-604-940-5353
 
Posted 04/2012